Part 4. Creating your first chart
Step by Step Guide: How to Create your first chart
01. To create a chart you have two options:
• From scratch, click Create New and Chart in the upper right corner. This will redirect you to the pipelines editor.
• You can select the variables you want by clicking on Create Chart from any dataset. This will redirect you to the chart editor where you can customize it. Once you see the pipelines editor, you can see the two steps: fetching the data from the dataset and charting it. Also, you can transform, combine, and reshape the data before charting it, click here for more information!
02. You will notice five different Tabs on the right side of your screen:
• Basic Tab allows you to customize each variable by adding a secondary axis, modifying the unit of measurement, and converting units using the Unit factor conversion. You can also customize the series by selecting a line, bar, or area display and adjusting the axis as needed.
• Data Tab make you available to decide whether the viewer is able to add, remove, or modify information on your chart.
• Text Tab to change the titles, subtitles, fonts, alignments, etc.
• Customize Tab you can determine the minimum and maximum values of the left axis, select the desired series with the Time selection section, and choose the X axis Label and date format. Additionally, you can choose to hide the legend or give it a specific format. At the end, you will see the Controls section, which includes the relative change control that switches the values in the chart from their absolute values to their relative change versus the first value, the running sum control that calculates the sum, and the year comparison toggle that keeps your first series and splits it year by year. This is quite useful for comparing the same month in different years.
• Annotations Tab you can add lines, texts and much more.